REGISTER in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting
This meeting is intended specifically for environmental and conversation organizations. A separate meeting is being held for forest landowners, managers, and the forest products industry.
The members of the Agriculture and Ecosystem Subcommittee of the Vermont Climate Council will share draft strategies, including ideas to:
- Help Vermont’s natural and working lands be more resilient and adaptable in the face of climate change impacts;
- Sustain and expand carbon sequestration and storage in Vermont’s natural and working lands.
The Subcommittee hopes to hear from you:
- Are they on the right track with their approaches?
- What key strategies or ideas are they missing?
- What two or three strategies or ideas are of concern or worry to you?
- And, how would you improve them to address you concerns?
The input from this workshop will help the Subcommittee refine its recommendations to the full Vermont Climate Council, which is charged with developing an Initial Climate Action Plan by Dec. 1 this year.
You may find more information about the Subcommittee’s work below.
Subcommittees Overall Strategies: